Corsair Community

Problems with Asus Rampage II GENE and TR3X6G1600C8D

scook9

It is a pretty simple problem I think, at any settings other than the auto ones (1066 speed) my system is unstable and will randomly only pick up 2 sticks of ram (4088 MB - since the BIOS takes 8 MB or something like that) instead of the full amount (6136 MB- again with BIOS eating 8 MB). I have flashed and reflashed to the latest BIOS 0904 (which ironically is supposed to add more memory support). My ram is on the QVL (has been since the first BIOS revision). I have tried setting the speed manually, through XMP, and with memory level up. All times I had the timings and voltages correct and had the system unstable (random BSOD) as well as the ram intermittently all showing up (both in BIOS and windows). I am running a 64-bit OS so that is not the issue.

I have ran MemTest on all of the sticks individually in 2 different motherboard slots and they are all 100% fine. It is always cooled well and has a CMFAX2 on it all the time. The ram is all correctly inserted and locked into the dimms.

I have done some reading around online and this seems to be a somewhat common issue with this motherboard.

Does Corsair or any users here have any ideas on how I can remedy this?

I read this, went to try it out, saw that the QPI/DRAM core voltage was like 1.25, got excited, changed it, and it showed 4088 MB ram on the reboot :(

So I am afraid that did not fix it. I had done all that before with the exception of the QPI/DRAM core voltage. For what it is worth, the voltage shows as yellow vs white at 1.45 on this motherboard, so Asus thinks it is approaching hazardous levels (lol)

Voltage of the QPi should be at 1.35 and the memory at 1.65 or if you have

1.36 for qpi and 1.66 for Ram ,you can try update the bios .Me i update my bios of my gigabyte board because before my computer always freeze or reboot ans after found a bios on a tweakdown web site ans everathings run good .

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
It is a pretty simple problem I think, at any settings other than the auto ones (1066 speed) my system is unstable and will randomly only pick up 2 sticks of ram (4088 MB - since the BIOS takes 8 MB or something like that) instead of the full amount (6136 MB- again with BIOS eating 8 MB). I have flashed and reflashed to the latest BIOS 0904 (which ironically is supposed to add more memory support). My ram is on the QVL (has been since the first BIOS revision). I have tried setting the speed manually, through XMP, and with memory level up. All times I had the timings and voltages correct and had the system unstable (random BSOD) as well as the ram intermittently all showing up (both in BIOS and windows). I am running a 64-bit OS so that is not the issue.

I have ran MemTest on all of the sticks individually in 2 different motherboard slots and they are all 100% fine. It is always cooled well and has a CMFAX2 on it all the time. The ram is all correctly inserted and locked into the dimms.

I have done some reading around online and this seems to be a somewhat common issue with this motherboard.

Does Corsair or any users here have any ideas on how I can remedy this?

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am having the exact problem myself and I am getting nowhere as far as getting any kind of help and support.

Thanks,

Jay

The replacement ones I got allowed me to see all 6GB, however my instability problems have not been solved. Sometimes it won't boot past the windows logo. I fix this by swapping between profile 1 XMP and normal 1066. When ever I swap it the other way from the previous setting it is fixed. As a clue I have noticed that when it is going to lock up on Windows start up, the JMicon controlled won't recognise both eSata external HDD. So maybe the JMicron and RAM have a conflict?

I'm out of ideas, but I think the RMA replacement RAM I got fixed specifically the "only seeing 4GB" issue.

Cheers

Occa

Archived