Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme Question

dassakjo

hi guys i have a question i search entire forum but did't found anything about settings i get new CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 6gb but i need settings about it i dont want to burn my mobo pls help me find these setting about how i enable 2000 8 8 8 settings my system is

mobo : asus rampage 2 e********

cpu : i7 965

mem : CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

i m newbie

bios settings pls help

if it possible for extra can you guys give me 12 gb CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 settings for this too

The only way you could burn anything is if you overvolt it, and the voltages are right on the label. All you should have to do is to set the XMP and you're set to go. If you want to do it manually the settings are on the label.

Do you have 2 kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C8? Note that since they're not sold together they can't guarantee them at rated specs together, not to mention that max speed + max sticks is A LOT of stress on the i7 memory controller.

The only way you could burn anything is if you overvolt it, and the voltages are right on the label. All you should have to do is to set the XMP and you're set to go. If you want to do it manually the settings are on the label.

Do you have 2 kits of CMG6GX3M3A2000C8? Note that since they're not sold together they can't guarantee them at rated specs together, not to mention that max speed + max sticks is A LOT of stress on the i7 memory controller.

i am newbie i dont get it first time i try is xmp set but it get 1333mhz ????? and people talk about 1.65 dram but when i see dram i can only 1.6 and 1.7 ??? plss explain more about it ????

about 12 gb i don't have the another kit but i want to buy but i heard that x58 mobo are not doing well with it ????

tnks for info but could you give me more spec about bios setting how i get 2000mhz 8 cas ????

and about 12gb i know that one kit is 1.65 v but if i use same identiek kit how sould i change settings ????? sould i raise dram to 1.8 ???? pls give me a instructions about it ???

• Corsair Employees
With one set of modules, just load setup defaults and enable XMP Profile one should be all you need to set, but if you install more than one set I would suggest you limit the memory frequency to the next lower speed grade or DDR1333 or DDR1600 depending on the specific CPU you use.

hi there i did wat you say, no problem with 2000 mhz it is fast. but i did buy another pair of same kit and did a same thing just default xmp setting for 12gb no working on 2000mhz ??? how come? can you give me help about it

al test al kits with memtest separatly and no error given but when it 12 gb give it keep getting shute down for reasen ????

He's talking about mixing any two kits together. Since they have not been tested or sold together in the same package, they can't guarantee how they'd work together.

Aside from that maxing out the ram slots and an extremely high memory rate places a very large load on the memory controller. It's very possible that it can't handle it and as such you'll need to underclock the memory for overall stability.

Archived