Corsair Community

AM2+ mounting questions on H50.

PC Gamer

Hi so I'm a first time builder currently running a stock am2+ cooler on an am2/am2+ mobo. I have been wanting to replace my cooler for some time. Now I really don't want to take the mobo out of the case since I have no cpu cutout does the Corsair H50 require you to attach a rention backplate? Also if I'm already paying high $ for the cooler why should I also have to pay shipping for the AMD mounting bracket? I'm a loyal customer I love my 520hx! :biggrin:

I used the original motherboard backplate with my install,but the problem is theres nothing holding it in when you take the original AMD front mount out.You have to hold the backplate on the back of the motherboard with your hand while you screw the new corsair mount in.But I have the hole in the case so I didnt have to take the motherboard out.I also used the old amd bracket thats listed here on the product page.The new bracket that comes with the newer model with the -1 in the name,CWCH50-1 has different threads and wont screw into the original backplate.

Archived