Corsair Community

Coolermaster SniperStorm and H50

Mlewis38

Is anyone using this set up? and if so how do you like it, can anyone give me tips? ive seen sooo many different posts where people are putting the exhaust fan first , putting the radiator first then the fan behind, fan on both sides, putting the radiator in the front. let me know what you guys are using, perhaps some pix would really help.

Hey MLewis

I'm interested in this as well. I too am putting together my rig with a CM Sniper with the H50. As you know, the case comes with two 200mm fans blowing in (side and front) and one 200mm fan blowing out (top). I was wondering about how I should mount my H50 as well... ie. which direction to blow etc.

Does anybody think that all the air intake of 2 fans creates an outward pressure thus making it difficult to get cool air coming from the back if you have the radiator fan blowing in? Is the top fan blowing out enough?

I have this set up also.

My idle temps have went from around 48°C to around 26°C. Load temps dropped from about 63°C to around 44°C. Now I was just using an old style cpu cooler (no heatpipes) but it was an upgrade from the stock cooler.

I ordered the clear side window and have it installed. When I used the meshed side with the 200 mm fan I did not see much of a difference at all with the cpu temps but my graphic card is running about 2°C hotter. I just like looking in and people are always impressed seeing it.

I have a push/pull setup on the radiator with two of the same 120mm fans.

I love the case. Plenty of room.

I do have the fan as intake like corsair suggests.

I didnt mount the fan as an intake for 2 reasons.One,I tried it both ways and it didnt make a temperature difference.Two,I bought the sniper because of the dust filters and couldnt see the reasoning of running the H50 as an intake and sucking dust into the case and actually blowing dust into the radiator and blocking it up.Plus with the 2 200mm fans blowing cool air into the case and 1 200 top fan sucking air out,there really isnt any hot air left in the case to suck thru the H50 running as exhaust.

Yeah i do know what u mean, but really in the mean time i dont have anywere else to put it. i mean id LOVE to put it in the front but some way i need to make a bracket or come up with a way to keep it there ya know.

plus i hate the fan in the back becuase when the fan is flipped around it make a really loud Humming sound due to the lack space between the fan and the metal mesh behind it. ya know what i mean, when u put your hand infont of the fan and it hums

got any ideas?

Hmm, I dont hear anything coming from mine?Do you have it hooked up to the cpu header on the motherboard?If you have it connected to a case fan header,it will run 1700 rpm all the time and if connected to the cpu header it will drop down to 900 at idle.You could try using the stock coolermaster fan which I know is quieter and only a few cfm less.Im pretty sure the coolermaster fan is 40 cfm and the corsair is 50 cfm.The difference is that the coolermaster fan only runs at 1400 rpm versus 1700.

Yup got it hooked into the CPU pin

just checked bios Fan controler was diabled so it was buzzin at 1800rpms

turned it down to standard so its around 800 rpms. ima put my coolermaste fan in tho, i also have a super Kazi so ill put the Kazi in the other side for a push/pull config.

i got the push/pull with the stock fan and the Kazi and im idle around 32C non over clock, wish it was better. got some Artic Silver on the way hopefully it will cool it down.

so how do you have your cooler hooked up to the siniper?

here is the link for the fan too

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060&cm_re=coolmaster_fan-_-35-103-060-_-Product

Yeah i do know what u mean, but really in the mean time i dont have anywere else to put it. i mean id LOVE to put it in the front but some way i need to make a bracket or come up with a way to keep it there ya know.

plus i hate the fan in the back becuase when the fan is flipped around it make a really loud Humming sound due to the lack space between the fan and the metal mesh behind it. ya know what i mean, when u put your hand infont of the fan and it hums

got any ideas?

I cut the mesh out of my Sniper for this reason and use a metal wire fan grill. Or you can make a spacer out of an old fan. Needs to be about 1/4" thick.

Archived