Corsair Community

H50 and Asus Maximus III Formula

Mlewis38

I just purchased a new Maximus III Formula and corsair H50 and i7 860 well looking thur reviews i just noticed all the pins on the MOBO are all 4 pins,isnt that crazy 8 power 4 bin conn, but the radiator pump is 3 pins, i should be getting everything next week but i just need to be prepared what should i do?

u should still be able to use a 4 pin mb fan socket, just u wont use the spare pin.

as i understand it, a 3 pin plug is compatible with a 4 pin mb header, but a 4 pin plug is not compatible with a 3 pin mb header.

don't see any reason why can't 4-pin plug (PWN enabled fan) cannot be compatible with 3-pin mb header. 3-pin mb header varies voltage by changing the +ve's voltage, so any fan should be able to be controlled.

for LGA1156 bracket. if the H50 you've bought has H50-1 written somewhere, then it will have the bracket

because a 4 pin plug is too big to fit into the smaller 3pin header.

for example, try flushing a football down the toilet, u will soon see the problem :p:

it fits perfectly, with the 4th (PWM) pin hanging off.

electronically, it also works as 3 pin header controls the voltage, and PWM fans without the 4th pin should work just like a 3pin fan.

it fits perfectly, with the 4th (PWM) pin hanging off.

electronically, it also works as 3 pin header controls the voltage, and PWM fans without the 4th pin should work just like a 3pin fan.

ah ur right! sorry.

i knew the connections were compatible, but for some strange reason i was thinking that mbs had the same type of 3pin connector as my fan controller, which look like this:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/Scotitan/3870X2%20Fan%20Fix/Picture004.jpg

obviously then it would be impossible to fit a 4 pin connector.

havent used mb fan headers for over a year :D:. sorry again.

@ yellow beard, thanks :p:

Archived