Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5C + Bluescreen

Halp

I purchased a set of TWIN2X2048-8500C5C on Tuesday. Everything was working great so I decided to get another set. Upon installing all four sticks, I am unable to start Windows7 at all. It bluescreens on the "Please Wait" or occasionally, before the BIOS can even load. Ive updated the bios for my MoBo (EP45-UD3L) and loaded the optimized defaults. Set the DRAM voltage to 2.100V. Still no good. Really at a loss and I dont want to return the 2 sticks i just got...I want them in my MoBo :)

Try just the new pack by itself. It'll probably work just fine. The problem is most likely that you're running multiple packs that aren't tested with each other, and either the memory controller on the motherboard doesn't like mixing the pairs (specifically different ICs) and/or it's maxed out w/ 4 sticks and it can't take the load. Try lowering the speed to 800 MHz.

Since you just bought them, you could always try returning both pairs for one 4 GB pack: TWIN2X4096-8500C5(*), where * = C, D, or nothing.

So, I went into the BIOS and changed the memory multiplier from AUTO to 2.40B.

My FSB is

A-266

B-333

C-200

D-400

After I changed it my frequency read 800MHz in the BIOS. Windows did start and I havent had a BSOD yet. When I ran CPU-Z my DRAM frequency is at 400.MHz.

So, I guess my question now is, have I done this correctly, and is there a way to stress my system to see if its actually "Fixed"?

Archived