Corsair Community

Intel DX48bt2 fails with new 1GB CM3x1024-1333c9dhx

dolmanx

My intel motherboard has happily run for 2 years with 2 sticks of 1GM ram. I just added 2 new sticks of the identical memory and now I get 3 beeps (no memory) and the motherboard refuses to boot. I took out the old memory and ran with JUST the 2 new memory stick and I still get 3 beeps and no boot so the problem is clearly not a conflict with the old memory and new together. Something is wrong with the new memory. I would appreciate any recommendations you can make.

orig memory:9-9-9-24 1.50v ver 1.1 08220836

new memory:9-9-9-24 1.50v ver 3.1 09347687

running new Oct 2009 bios from intel

auto-settings

tcl=9

ircd=9

trp=9

tras=24

trfc=60

trrd=4

twr=10

twtr=5

trtd=5

volt 1.54

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all I have just purchased some more memory my self and as above im experiencing the same problems. If i put the original memory in i have no problems but as soon as i add the two new sticks in i also get the same 3 beeps :confused:

I would highly appreciate it if anyone out there knows what could be the cause of this..

Thank you :cool:

Ps the only thing i have noticed that is different is that the original memory i have is ver1.2 and the new sticks are ver3.1 would that make a difference in that they would not work in my motherboard :confused:

Look forward to hearing from someone soon Thanks again in advance:cool:

Archived