Corsair Community

any reason for performance difference between Samsung and Corsair P256?

P256user

from http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-flash-ssd-charts/Write-Throughput-h2benchw-3.12,908.html

it shows performance difference between samsung MMDOE56G5MXP and corsair P256 (MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB) is quite clear, i just wonder what causes this performance gap? firmware or something else? my P256 printed clearly MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB which should be samsung for sure.

i got confused, my P256 shows MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB in the back, Samsung 256G shows exact same model number MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB in those review and ebay photos, are they different or same in terms of hardware? the only thing i could see different is firmware version. samsung uses VMB19D1Q while corsair uses VMB18C1Q. in ebay and newegg, samsung 256G used to be sold cheaper than corsair but performance is better, is that indicating that i paid more but get less?

• Corsair Employees

You are comparing a Price that is not real; can you purchase that drive from any where at this time that is from a real licensed reseller?

And again you are comparing another drive to ours I cannot comment on Samsungs product, but if you want to purchase a Samsung Drive then you would have to purchase it from them and as far as I know they only sell to a few O.E.M. And for sure anything you purchase from Ebay may or may not be new and or have warranty but most likely it will not.

Bottom line have you tested your drive and does it perform to spec as listed on our web site?

Archived