Corsair Community

TX850W advice please

Ravenheart

I recently paid the pricely sum of £99.99 for a Corsair TX850 Watt PSU from Ebuyer and it's less than 2 weeks old as it was purchased on the 23/10/2009, now the problem I'm having is this, when I switch my pc off I hear what can only be described as if someone starts rolling their tongue while saying the letter R, kind of like a motor powering down or the PSU fan just catching something for a brief second inside the PSU when I shut down but the sound literally only lasts about 3 seconds.

And I don't want to be voiding the warranty by having a look inside the PSU just to make sure nothing is catching.

Does anyone have any ideas please? Also the saying of the letter R thing I mentioned, just say the letter R while rolling your tongue and you'll get the sound I'm talking about , I know it sounds stupid but that's the only way I can describe the sound.

I've also posted the same thing here Similar thread I made over on Bit-tech CustomPC forums and recommendations from the users on that forum (a highly respected forum might I add) say RMA it but I wanted further advice from the users here first please.

In fact just to let you know the noise I described sounds VERY similar if not exactly the same as the problem this guy is having over in this topic on this forum New HX850W making clicking noise on shutdown (fan)

Anyone have any ideas please? As I know if they test the PSU it won't come back as having a fault (or will it) as it's only the noise on shutdown that I don't think should be there but maybe if they test it they will ignore that?

Well I can't see any evidence of this legendary customer service from Corsair everyone rambles on about.

28 views of this topic and not one Corsair representative or anyone with any knowledge has replied, oh well I might as well just RMA the PSU and get another one as obviously no one on here is bothered, take my money and that's it then is it! I don't think so.

The PSU not even 2 weeks old!

Come again? At the end of the day thread views aren't meaningless, because if it says viewed 28 times then for it to know it had been viewed 28 times then it had obviously been viewed 28 times :bigeyes:.

Same as just before I looked at this topic it said the topic had been viewed 36 times, then after I viewed it, it then said viewed 37 times! Funny that isn't it, does that make me a spider as well?

Good to know I get a reply for something I say that's negative but NOT when I needed help/advice!, I just find it strange that everyone goes on about the fantastic service by Corsair yet it's clearly lacking from Corsairs very own forums :sigh!:.

Oh well maybe I'll get a reply before I just rma it and get a refund from the e-tailer I bought it from.

I'm just wondering if I do RMA it, will they test it and say sorry nothings wrong here (because it does work and it does power the PC with no problems) it's just the problem when it shuts down making the noise I described but maybe ebuyer would overlook that and say sorry no fault found which wouldn't be very fair as it is obviously a fault and it shouldn't be doing that considering including delivery it cost me nearly £110 and no one wants to spend that amount of money on a PSU and it not be perfect without any problems do they?

I was just concerned about the turn around time for the rma as the psu is only just 2 weeks old (2 weeks old today in fact) as I will be without a psu for my pc while this one is being rma'd and what with ebuyer being based in the uk turn around time would be quicker, so I'm led to believe from the forum I frequent most often see here Bit-tech forum thread I made please see the 4th post down.

Thanks for replying.

Archived