Corsair Community

How do you install a reservoir

aggie5857

Can anyone be more specific or show me some pics of their setup and how they did it?

I would like to add a bit.

Assuming that you have the space to mount a reservoir anywhere to the right of the motherboard area, do you want to mount the reservoir as high as possible, that is, as near as possible to the radiator? :confused: Or, should you mount it as low as possible, so that it is as close as possible to the pump? :confused:

It should not matter if it's near the pump or near the radiator. Water cooling is a low pressure system and pump location should not be critical.

Our forum is not geared for DIY water cooling. You may want to search some other forums that deal with DIY water cooling to get the best advice.

I never implied that the thread is in any way improper. But, there are literally endless possibilities and combination when you are talking about DIY water cooling. So, a forum based on DIY water cooling is a much better source for this type of information. All the case is in this instance is a hard point to attach an as yet undecided water cooling component. The idea is to help the customer find the best source of information.

I never implied that the thread is in any way improper. But, there are literally endless possibilities and combination when you are talking about DIY water cooling. So, a forum based on DIY water cooling is a much better source for this type of information. All the case is in this instance is a hard point to attach an as yet undecided water cooling component. The idea is to help the customer find the best source of information.

Thank you. As the OP for this thread, I could not agree more with what you are saying. I posted my question because of the possibility ;): that the more experienced water-cooling guys might have some "secret" to offer. That's all.:laughing:

I have seen a couple of pics of something like this already done. I just wanted to see how they did it and if it can be done without modding the case.

This case is to beautiful to go poking holes all over the place. let me show you what i wanted to do more or less. My idea came from a case i saw on performance-pcs. It is different but id like to do it in the corsair case. Anyway here is what i want to do. Click on the product images to see what i am taking about.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=262&products_id=26503

I would also like to set up my radiators up like this inside the corsair case. Click on the product images to see what i am talking about. this looks sweet.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=262&products_id=26505

A combination of both would be sweet and i would like to do it in the corsair case with my own choices of radiators, reservoirs and pump.

just remember when initially filling the stystem the res has to be the highest point to remove all the air especially if a rad is above the res.

OK. So you are saying that the res has to be higher than the CPU waterblock? Even the bottom of the res, or enough of the res so that the fill line is higher than the top of the CPU block?

Thanks for pointing this out, by the way. :biggrin:

no, what i meant is just during the initial "air bleed" time it would be wise to lay the PC on its side so the res is the high point to get all the air out of the radiator if mounted on top.

once its filled you can stand the PC back up again. you dont have do it that way but it is best for initial filling to get any trapped air out of the rad.

the pressure of the pump will eventually get all the air out, i just like to speed things along.

also dont get sucked in to all the additive hype for the liquid, 10%antifreeze as an anti-algae/bacteria agent and 90% distilled water is the tried and true method.

good luck.

I used the holes that were already there and the brackets that came with my rez. I went to the local hardware store and picked up some longer screws that would thread into the motherboard tray. I cut a little slit out of the rubber grommets where needed for the rez mounts to sit flush.

Archived