Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D, nForce 780i instability

Sapphire

I am experiencing instability in the form of memory errors after hours of system up-time, this is usually shown in the form of application errors. A cold boot will usually not return any Memtest errors whereas Memtesting right after application errors start to occur will return errors after only 30 seconds of testing.

The board I am using is an Asus Striker II with four modules of 2GB (not the same as the system in my profile).

My question is, what are your recommendations to get this memory running stable considering the RAM is new and so is the motherboard, and I have experienced the exact same thing on a different nForce 780i board with 4 x 1GB Corsair RAM. I have increased chipset voltages, loosened timings and am of course testing without overclocks; my primary goal is getting this to run stable and the only setting that has slightly impacted this so far, has been adjusting the tRFC timing to above 90. I have tried pretty much everything so the kind of advice I am looking for is rather advanced, such as what kind of FSB:RAM divider could provide stability as even 1333:667 fails.

Archived