Corsair Community

CMG4GX2M2A1066C5 Voltage?

Psybear

Hello,

I just got these 2 modules on "special" from a reputable vendor and wonder why it is so hard to find any information on them?

Corsair Dominator-GT DDR2 CMG4GX2M2A 1066C5

XMS2-8500 2048MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 1.65V ver 7.1 09380431

Rosso Corsa w/Airflow Fan

They are advertised from vendor as 2.1V but clearly state 1.65V on module. What is the real voltage range for these please?

Unfortunately I am getting just 1 error in memtest86+ after running all night.

Please advise. Is it me or the modules. :confused:

Thanks

Engineering confirms 2.1v. The part is mislabeled as 1.65v and we are following up on that. Could you please send me a private message or an email with a picture of the modules showing the sticker so that we can track the lot codes, etc? I can provide an email address for you via PM if you need it.

I have exactly the same printed on my modules. They seem to test fine with 1.8v at rated speeds (so far), but I am yet to return home and see if they passed memtest. Glad to hear they're able to handle a fair bit more :)

I tried to find official info on these modules, but I'm not really having any luck. I navigated to this page:

http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt/default.aspx

Then got my hopes up when I found this link at the bottom:

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/CMG4GX2M2A1066C5.pdf

But it's dead....Any chance of some official support?

Hello Influence, Corsair Tech?

Good to know some one else has these modules too.

I upped the voltage to 2.1v per instructions from this forum. Ran memtest86+ last night and still have an error this morning.

Vedry curious to learmn of your results.

I too wonder why Corsair has seemed to disavowed this RAM officially.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer I have no choice but to RMA and get something else from somewhere else.

I have exactly the same printed on my modules. They seem to test fine with 1.8v at rated speeds (so far), but I am yet to return home and see if they passed memtest. Glad to hear they're able to handle a fair bit more :)

I tried to find official info on these modules, but I'm not really having any luck. I navigated to this page:

http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt/default.aspx

Then got my hopes up when I found this link at the bottom:

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/CMG4GX2M2A1066C5.pdf

But it's dead....Any chance of some official support?

What type of support do you need? :confused:

I too wonder why Corsair has seemed to disavowed this RAM officially.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer I have no choice but to RMA and get something else from somewhere else.

What do you mean by disavowed? This is a simple misprint on a label. If the memory is defective, the warranty still applies and we'll replace it.

Well, I understand they're just memory modules, but there's no paperwork to suggest what voltage or timings to use, or to instruct on how to build the fan assembly and mount it. I know these things are common-sense for most enthusiasts (like me), and the retailer lists the basic info needed, but this really should be readily available from Corsair! I appreciate the fact there is a good forum available here with all the support you could ever want, and your no quibble guarantee is an excellent thing to have.

Is the supplied fan necessary to run at stock speeds or is it just aimed at overclocking?

I assumed not because kits are sold without it too, and I plan to run a near-silent system anyway so want to avoid this if I can, is this recommended? After checking this morning I realised there was no room to mount it anyway, but there's no info on dimensions for me to double-check this either.

I would probably have gone for something else given the choice, but I was making a purchase on a 'buy now, pay in 12 months' scheme, so was limited to one store, and these were the best they had (apart from the older dominators perhaps). This will probably mean a refund is not an option for me unless I pay off the finance :/

I'm not 100% certain yet, but I may also be having problems getting them stable at stock speeds and voltage too. Before I knew what the recommended voltages were, I tested on 1.8v and they were stable for 3 hours on memtest, but 2.1v threw out thousands of errors overnight and they also felt quite warm, perhaps a little too much for comfort. The temperature probe I had up against it read 42°C during this. I guess the best thing would be to keep them at 1.8v and test more, but with a recommendation of 2.1v+ I'm a tad baffled!

For a £120 kit I just hoped for more I guess.

I know these things are common-sense for most enthusiasts (like me), and the retailer lists the basic info needed, but this really should be readily available from Corsair! I appreciate the fact there is a good forum available here with all the support you could ever want, and your no quibble guarantee is an excellent thing to have.
Yes, the forum rocks :) If there's any type of FAQ you want to see here, just PM me and I'll set it up (assuming it's a good idea of course).

Is the supplied fan necessary to run at stock speeds or is it just aimed at overclocking?
Fan shouldn't be necessary as they've made modules at that speed for years. Probably just a marketing thing for OCers.

Thanks for the reply and helpful comments wired.

I'll give the sticks another go, but am sticking with a faster pair of 1GB sticks for now so I can remain on familiar ground whilst I find my new CPU's capabilities. I'm testing at 490fsbx8.5 at the moment and this is likely to be my final FSB speed which leaves me with a limited choice if the dominators can't hit 1177.

I'm used to 1Gb sticks, so there's some differences I need to learn before attempting an overclock with 2GB ones. As a result I obviously have some questions :)

Is anyone likely to know what ICs are in these modules and what maximum voltage they could take? Would 2.3v be way too high? I've not gone over 2.1 yet.

In comparing 1GB with 2GB sticks, what kind of sub-timings would I need to increase to have any hope of getting nearr 1177? The MIIF has a large selection, and although I know there's a high chance it won't happen, but I would like to know if there's anything worth trying.

Might be a day or so before I get to try them again, but I will keep you posted on how I get on.

Is anyone likely to know what ICs are in these modules and what maximum voltage they could take? Would 2.3v be way too high? I've not gone over 2.1 yet.

1. Look to the sidebar :)

2. 2.3v would void the warranty and could damage the memory.

Archived