Corsair Community

CMD4GX2M2A1066C5 on a Asus P5K Pro

winter208

Hi all,

I just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and all works well. Now, I need to go from the 3 GIG that I had to 8 GIG. So, I just purchased 8 gig worth of CMD4GX2M2A1066C5 from Newegg. Goal 1 is to get the 8GIG working at 800 like the existing memory. Then ramp it to 1066... OC'ing is not the immediate issue.

I understand that I need to change the DRAM frequency to 1066 as per the manual. I will also change the DRAM voltage to 2.1. Any other suggested settings to change? My bios is at 0806. A few releases prior to the final. However, I tried to do a flash from USB and was unsuccessful. EZ-Flash froze. So, hopefully I will not need to flash the P5k.

Thanks very much.

Mitch

Well, not so frustrating. The memory arrived today and 15 minutes later I am running 8 GB, no sweat at 800.

Very nice.

To finish this up, I need to change the BIOS settings to 1066. I have tried this... changing the OC to manual, the DRAM to 1066 and the DRAM voltage to 2.1. However, the setup balked, claiming failure on overclocking. Any ideas what else needs to change? I am back to all defaults (including overclocking at auto) and everything works OK.

Thanks very much.

Here is a link that I have used to setup my P5K board...maybe there is some information here that will help you.

Not allowed and consider this a warning if you post another makers hardware again or if you have and I see it I will have no choice but to ban you. You can post screen shots of the BIOS but nothing else.

Best Regards.

Archived