Corsair Community

BSOD with CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 kit

keyth

Hi, I am having trouble getting my system stable with 4gb (2x2gb kit) , I have just upgraded from windows xp 32bit and had no problems running a corsair CM3X1024-1600C7DHXID 2gb kit with the ram set to XMP in the bios and everything else left to auto (Asus P5E3 premium wifi bios 803) , I then upgraded to windows 7 64bit and changed my ram to another kit that corsair recommends for this board CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 4gb kit , As soon as i installed it i started getting regular bsod's which seems worse from a cold boot , it happens whether the memory is set to auto or XMP , when i put the original ram back in the pc is stable again, I ran Memtest86 which only found errors when the ram was set to XMP (12 with both sticks in , 5 on one stick when in slot a2 ) , Memtest found no errors on my original ram when set to auto or xmp,

Am i likely to have faulty ram or do i need to change some other settings to get my pc stable with this ram

Hi , It's a Asus P5E3 premium wifi x48 -bios 803 , The kit i'm using is a 4gb (2x2gb) so only 2 of the 4 ram slots are populated so would the voltage and imc need to be the same as if all 4 slots were populated

Hi , It's a Asus P5E3 premium wifi x48 -bios 803 , The kit i'm using is a 4gb (2x2gb) so only 2 of the 4 ram slots are populated so would the voltage and imc need to be the same as if all 4 slots were populated

If I've correctly understand your first post, your system is not stable with XMP settings enabled.

So, try first to test "each" memory module with XMP mode enabled and Memtest86+ 4.0.

If the system is ok for every memory bank tested, you will be able to try to change the voltage as the website I've done to you.

Yes, you're right when you say its voltages are for four memory banks. In my last reply I've done settings better for you:

its IMC 1.35V Your IMC 1.15-1.25V (you have to try)

He has found stability with only 1.55V instead of 1.65V (you have to try also)

May be those settings aren't complete for your Mb?

Hope you'll find a fix

Archived