Corsair Community

Liquid in PSU?

Odaik

hello,

I recently lost two screws somewhere in my case (stupid I know), and due to the bizarre design of my case, the PSU is at the bottom. As a result, I decided to remove the PSU, and have a look inside (without removing the cover, I just moved the fan a bit and used a torch/flashlight). I couldn't see anything, and when I tilted it from side to side and upside down, I couldn't hear anything. So I'm assuming it's OK.

However, I did find something strange. Covering a couple of tracks and solder joints on the PCB, I could see a "blob" of what I presumed was liquid. Concerned, I used some tissue on the end of a screwdriver (was very careful) to try and dry it. However, it didn't come off, so is it safe to assume it's something that's meant to be there rather than water for example?

Thanks for the replies!

It was clear, but very slightly dirty in the middle. I've switched on the PSU (before I noticed it of course!) without any problems. Is that OK then?

Am I OK WRT the missing screw too? :biggrin:

No idea, that's why I was asking, to see if there are places where they could have lodged themselvs (if they even fell in there to begin with). :)

I've tried tilting it and holding it upside down, but I don't hear anything move around inside.

Archived