Corsair Community

Need Longer 8 pin and 24 pin cables.

Ken429

Before I go buy extension cables so that I can clean up the cable paths on my new case with the power supply at the bottom - does Corsair make a P/S with longer 8 pin and 24 pin cables then the two 620HX P/S I currently own? If so what better reason is there to buy a new P/S for a $100+ dollars versus buying extension cables for $25 or so! Sure would be nice to have that information available in a sticky or in the specs somewhere.

I had the same problem building my HAF 932 rig and ended up buying extension cable of 4/8 pin PSU Cables from 3rd party.

But Corsair should have created this with their high end PSU's starting maybe from 620 to 1000 Watts. You (Corsair) offer additional cable for 6 pin SLI config, how hard would be for 4/8 PIN Cables?

I waited 15 days for mine to deliver not knowing that I just purchased HX1000 Corsair with no CPU extension cables.

• Corsair Employees
The 4/8 pin cables are not modular on the HX620, so offering a separate longer cable would not make sense. There are very few cases that I have seen where you would need an extension for the 8 and 24 pin cables on our PSUs. It is not possible to have a perfect PSU for each application, but 99% of the time the cables should be plenty long enough, at least in my own experience.

Archived