Corsair Community

which backup software for ssd

wozie

hi all looking to get my pc backed up i have windows 7 at mo on my x series ssd and vista ultimate on a norm hard drive both are 64bit what software is highly recommended to back them both up ?? also how do you back up and restore your game saves when reinstalling windows ? really need some help much appreciated thanks wozie :biggrin:

Backup software abounds - everyone has their favourite, mainly due to familiarity and use. Try Acronis True Image 2010, Drive SnapShot, O&O Imaging .... there's more but they all do much the same job especially the ones that have passed the Compatible with Windows 7 and those that have 64 bit versions.

As for your game saves - they're usually saved in a default location that is relevant to the game's installation location .... so, if the game is installed on your C:\ drive under Program Files your game saves will be in the game folder in there somewhere.

Acronis True Image 2010 works flawlessly and is simple to use. Once you create a disk image using the software all your games and data are "frozen in time" if you make any major advancements that are stored locally on your machine you'll have to make backups (individually and manually) of your precious gamer profile files.

Archived