Corsair Community

Corsair 16 GB USB stick not recognized

Denali

I have a Sony VGN-FZ320E laptop. I have installed Windows 7 (32-bit) Home Premium. My Corsair 16 GB Survivor does not show up as a drive in Windows Explorer.

In the Device Manager it shows up under "Disk Drives" as "Corsair UFD USB Device".

In Disk Management it shows up as "Disk 1 - Removable - 15.00 GB - Online". If I right-click it there and select Format, Properties, etc. I get an error message that the "Disk Management console view is not up-to-date..."

My USB disk drives work fine.

Ideas?

Update: I just borrowed a friend's 1 GB Kensington Traveler USB stick, and it works fine in this machine.

--

Dave

• Corsair Employees
Select change drive letter and try changing the drive letter to a higher letter and see if you can access the drive. If not I would remove it from device manager (un-Install it) and then remove everything in SUB Controllers and restart the system and then reconnect the Drive and see if it will detect it properly.

Select change drive letter and try changing the drive letter to a higher letter and see if you can access the drive. If not I would remove it from device manager (un-Install it) and then remove everything in SUB Controllers and restart the system and then reconnect the Drive and see if it will detect it properly.
No drive letter is assigned. If I select "Change drive letter and paths" in Disk Management I get the "Operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date" message.

I uninstalled it in the Device Manager and uninstalled USB Composite Device and the USB Mass Storage Device, then rebooted. Windows reinstalled all those devices.

No improvement.

Update: I just borrowed a friend's 1 GB Kensington Traveler USB stick, and it works fine in this machine.

--

Dave

Archived