Corsair Community

Question on the H50 with a Antec P138 Case

homegeek

I want the H50 but have a quick question. My case has 2 120MM fans built into the case that are attached to external switches. Where does the H50 plug into? Does the radiator itself plug into the cpu fan connector or does the fan that comes with it? I would like to keep my current fan because of the external switch but if I need to plug the H50 fan into the CPU fan then I have a problem. If the radiator itself plugs into the cpu fan connector that I should be fine.

the fans are interchangeable. u can use the one u have already

the pump of the h50 can be plugged into the cpu fan header, but in my experience with my mb it was better to use a fan controller cause the mb doesnt have good fan control.

Then what would you plug into the cpu fan header? I thought the computer would not boot without it.

ur mb should have a away to disable the warning, i know my old asus 939 socket had a bios setting that let me bot the pc without a fan connected.

but also maybe a asus mb has better management of fan power then my current dfi does so u might still be ok, see what ur current fan does if it spins down after boot and for how long.

if u cant find a bios setting and u cant plug the pump into the fan header then u need to decide if its worth buying a fan just for the purpose of allowing ur pc to boot or not.

Archived