Corsair Community

Good Motherboard for about $150?

Dan57

Other members may be able to assist with recommendations. However, as a memory manufacturer, you will not get any official responses from Corsair on what motherboard brands to purchase. We have to remain impartial. However, there are no brands we are aware of that have issues with our SSDs.

I just RMA'd my GA-P55-UD3R board for several reasons. One it would not post but 2 gig of memory and second it didn't see my Corsair 64 Extream. BIOS did see it, but Win7 didn't. Maybe someone can tell me a good board that works with the Corsair SSD. I will pick one today.

• Corsair Employees
There should not be any problems with any MB, but if that happens again I would suggest checking that you have the drive set as the boot drive and you may need to use the F6 option and install drivers depending on the controller you use.

Personal choice is Asus ... good, solid, reliable and works great with just about anything you can throw at them. I can't speak for the i7 and i5 boards as I've never used them, but I've used Asus boards for years (using one now) and none of them have given me any trouble. Google the boards you are looking at and check out several reviews.

Archived