Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme and TR3X6G1600C8D Bluescreens?

sintacks

Hey everyone. I'm having an issue while trying to tune my RAM to spec. I'm following the instructions on this forum at

Asus Rampage II Extreme BIOS Settings for TR3X3G1600C8D and TR3X6G1600C8D

Windows blue screens randomly after I configure the RAM in the BIOS. It never used to do this. The only thing I have done differently is update the BIOS to the latest version. The bluescreens aren't the same each time. I have debugged a few of them and the offending .exe is not the same every time. Is it possible that the BIOS is causing the issue, or are there different settings that need to be configured due to the new BIOS? Right now I have everything pretty much set to Auto. Before I updated the BIOS, I was able to tune the RAM to spec successfully with no bluescreens or issues.

THX!

Well since I didnt get much feedback here, I saw another post where a person was having a "similar" issue. Not really described in the same way as mine and/or not really the same symptoms but I changed my QPI Voltage to 1.45 and that seemed to make it run stable. Not sure why I had to do this but perhaps its because of the new BIOS version. The document I followed was for an older version.

Archived