Corsair Community

upgrading to 4GB from 2GB, need help

LandShark

my current hardwares i bought about 2 years ago

CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 75W Dual-Core Processor

RAM: Corsair DHX XMS2 Dominator Dual Channel 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066Mhz Memory (2 x 1024MB) MPN: TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

mobo: ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI

Video card: Gefore 8800 GTX

I play World of Warcraft only with this machine. at max resolution. normally it runs fine, unless im in a crowded town. the frame rate drops from 60 to 7-8 FPS. and the harddrives constantly loads, also the screen becomes Skippy.

i installed Windows 7 yesterday. it comes with a hardware evaluation tool

on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9:

CPU: 6.3

RAM: 5.5

graphics: 6.9

gaming graphics: 6.9

hard drive: 5.9

the RAM has the lowest score for "Memory operations per second"

Windows 7 also has a small gadget which monitoring CPU and RAM usage.

at the slowest point of the game. the CPU usage is at 80%, but RAM usage is almost up.

so, i think i either need to buy a pair of 1GB ram to get 4GB total, or ditch the old ram and get 4GB or even 8GB brand new faster ram.

BTW, i have Win 7 64bit installed. i also plan to get a brand new computer after Diablo 3 comes out

what should i do and buy?

thanks in advance

oh, i have a few pairs of Corsair VS1GB667D2

if i add them to my current system, how do i do the timing?

please help

i tried to use them. but the system wont even start after i added a pair of VS1GB667D2

, even with everything in AUTO

please help

If it's the same version it'll probably work together, but it can't be guaranteed since they haven't tested it.

He'll probably respond tomorrow. Only so many business hours in the day, and this thread was started half way through yesterday :)

Archived