Corsair Community

Help please

Pile

I have an asus p5n-d and I had twin2x4096 6400cd5hx but have just bought

dominator twin 2x4096-8500c5d and I have installed the new ram but when I power up the pc there is no signal to my monitor the fans stay on but it doesnt bootup.

Any ideas? Do I need to adjust anything to make these sticks work.

Thanks

Are you trying to mix these with the memory you already had installed and have you tested these modules one at a time and reset the MB BIOS?

No I removed the old memory and have ftried both new sticks together and also seperate with no luck.

Boots up fine still with old memory.

Have not reset memory bios - do I need to do that - if so how do I do it.

thanks

• Corsair Employees
You will normally find a jumper on the MB to reset or force the BIOS to clear all of the data stored in the BIOS setup ad yes sometimes that may be required but as stated I would test the modules one at a time.

You will normally find a jumper on the MB to reset or force the BIOS to clear all of the data stored in the BIOS setup ad yes sometimes that may be required but as stated I would test the modules one at a time.

Ok will give it a try

No but if neither modules will post in the system and you did reset the MB BIOS that is the only option, I would double check that you did reset the MB BIOS.

Yes I did reset the mb bios I removed the battery and moved the jumper.

Dont really want to rma the modules, are the any other ideas before I return them?

Try and reset the BIOS again but make sure there is no power to the system and leave the jumper in the clear position for about 10 Min.

Ok will try again - has there been any compatibility issues with 8500c5d and the asus p5n-d or is it just me!

NO but that MB will not support DDR1066 memory with out over clocking if I remember correctly it has been a while since I saw that MB.

Tried the reset again and it still didnt work.

So do I need to change some settings in the bios so that it doesnt try running at 1066?

I have tried setting the latency manually to 5-5-5-15 2 and also the voltage to 2.1v but no luck any other ideas.

Try this... Put the old memory in and boot the system. Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest bios ensuring that it is the correct one for your board. Flash the bios using the EZFlash utility in the bios. Reboot and set bios defaults. Then put the new memory modules in and reboot.

Try this... Put the old memory in and boot the system. Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest bios ensuring that it is the correct one for your board. Flash the bios using the EZFlash utility in the bios. Reboot and set bios defaults. Then put the new memory modules in and reboot.

Hi I already have the latest bios - thanks for trying though

OK. Try this... manually set memory to 800MHz(400 mem clock) Leave memory timings set to auto but set the voltage to 1.9v Boot to Windows. Shut down system. Replace DDR2. Reboot. Your board doesn't support 1066MHz I don't believe, correct? I suspect the bios is using the EPP ratings for these modules...that's my guess. Check bios for any references to EPP enable or SLI ready memory and set to disable.

set 'actual mem ddr' to 800. Not familiar with that bios so poke around into any sub menus and look for the EPP or sli ready memory options. Set mem voltage to 1.9v.

Hi I cannot find epp or sli ready options - I am not sure if the p5n-d has these?

I tried changing the ram to 800 and voltage to 1.9v and still nothing the fans just spin constant.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for trying - I am going to try today to sort this and if I cannot get them to work i will sadly have to return them.

Archived