Corsair Community

TX850W fan noise

malaise

Hey guys,

I have built my new PC, tested it and thought all was sweet. Strapped it together, o/ced the hell out of it and it was also sweet. But come time to turn the fans down for normal operation (using a kazemaster fan cont) I can't get any reduction in noise as the PS fan seems to be running at 100% constantly (in BIOS, <1% CPU load).

I know that the first advice given is to RMA the unit as it may have a PWM problem but I'm having so much fun with my new PC (and I spent much time putting it together, cabling etc.) that I was just hoping for another answer.

Are there any other optional fixes? I don't do power but I have a few highly qualified electrical friends who do this sort of thing.

btw, I did trying the power settings in BIOS to no effect.

tia,

Jamie

p.s. I love my dominator gts @ 1600 6-6-6-18-1

• Corsair Employees

I would try disconnecting some hardware from the PSU and see if there is any change in the fan speed. See if you can get down to just memory, CPU, motherboard, and video card, and see if the fan is still at 100%. If it is not, then connect each component back to the mobo and PSU one at a time and see if there is an individual component responsible for the fan speed.

If all else fails then an RMA is definitely an option. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived