Corsair Community

TX850W MoBo connector too big?

jaesun

I am building a new computer (i7 920, 12GB RAM XFire 5850's, 3 HDs, etc).

First thing i got was the PSU, Corsair TX850W.

I didn't have any other parts yet, but I wanted to test out the PSU to make sure it worked.

I went to plug it in to my current motherboard (DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR with AMD X2 4400). But it seems the connector is "too big", and cannot plug in to the motherboard.

I put up the connector to my old PSU mobo connector, and it seems that from pin column 5 (starting from opposite side of the +4pin connector) , it starts getting slightly wider (as in the space between the pins). so the pins are not exactly matching up with each other, and thus won't fit in my mobo connector.

is my motherboard too old to have this PSU fit correctly? or is it bad maybe and need to return/RMA it (bought from newegg). The mobo I am getting is the ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit: i have attached a diagram of what I am talking about to maybe help visualize what I am saying? you can see that the pins just are not lining up to my old connector as they are somewhat spaced apart. pardon my ms pain skills!

psuconnector.png.548fddcb56bf37ebb3edfb61884d98fa.png

• Corsair Employees
If it is off by only a small amount then try squeezing the pins together from both sides of the connector and see if you can get a little better alignment. Do you have any other boards to see if the connector on the Corsair PSU gives you the same problem? If the connector still does not fit, then lets get the PSU replaced, you can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

unfortunately, i do not have another mobo to test this on.

if i go do an RMA, do I use the form you linked, or do I RMA through the retailer I bought it from (Newegg) ? I will probably need to do the RMA asap as I bought this with a MIR also, heh

Archived