Corsair Community

Blue screen errors on 6400C4

Mason29

Hi there,

My PC had been blue screening and after testing with memtest, it confirmed that my RAM was broken. So I issued an RMA, and got replacements, but the problem happened again (Blue screens).

I did another memtest and the replaced RAM that got sent to me was faulty! I thought OK I'm very unlucky... So i did another RMA and got new modules again. But yeah... You guessed it, more blue screen errors.

And the strangest thing is, I'm currently using some borrowed RAM from a friend, and its working fine.... But it is only a 512MB module from Samsung.

I was just wondering if theres a reason for these blue screen errors? While the memory thats installed at the momment is working perfectly.

I've tried taking one module out, and swapping them around,

I've tried reinstalling the operating system twice - (XP + W7),

The BIOS settings are all at "Auto",

And I've flashed the BIOS to the most recent revision 0901.

Thank you for your help

Hi there,

My PC had been blue screening and after testing with memtest, it confirmed that my RAM was broken. So I issued an RMA, and got replacements, but the problem happened again (Blue screens).

I did another memtest and the replaced RAM that got sent to me was faulty! I thought OK I'm very unlucky... So i did another RMA and got new modules again. But yeah... You guessed it, more blue screen errors.

And the strangest thing is, I'm currently using some borrowed RAM from a friend, and its working fine.... But it is only a 512MB module from Samsung.

I was just wondering if theres a reason for these blue screen errors? While the memory thats installed at the momment is working perfectly.

I've tried taking one module out, and swapping them around,

I've tried reinstalling the operating system twice - (XP + W7),

The BIOS settings are all at "Auto",

And I've flashed the BIOS to the most recent revision 0901.

Thank you for your help

When swaping the memories around in the ram-banks, does the problem move along with the memorystick or is it allways the same bank thats causes the errors? Are you able to test the memory stick that seems faulty in another computer to just perform the memtest so you can rule out your mainboard?

Hello again and thanks for the really fast replies.

@Manick, I've tried all the different memory banks (4). I havent put them in another computer because I dont have access to another :(

@Wired, Yeah I'm using memtest86, and tested each module individually with 4+ passes. I'm not quite sure what "USB Legacy Support" is, sorry.

@Yellowbeard, I'll try setting the voltage manually to 2.1v and post my results

Thanks!

Hello again and thanks for the really fast replies.

@Wired, Yeah I'm using memtest86, and tested each module individually with 4+ passes. I'm not quite sure what "USB Legacy Support" is, sorry.

@Yellowbeard, I'll try setting the voltage manually to 2.1v and post my results

Thanks!

Please familiarize yourself with the BIOS and disable the Legacy USB Support and change the memory voltage before runnning Memtest. Be sure you have the most recent 4.0 version from http://www.memtest.org

Hey

Just want to let you know that my blue screens have stopped (hopefully) by manually setting voltages in the BIOS! I havent had any yet (and they usually happened within an hour of boot), and both modules are in.

Thank you so much! I've been having this problem for much too long.

Hey

Just want to let you know that my blue screens have stopped (hopefully) by manually setting voltages in the BIOS! I havent had any yet (and they usually happened within an hour of boot), and both modules are in.

Thank you so much! I've been having this problem for much too long.

How many volts did you set the memories to? 2,1 volt? Could be good to know if other ppl experience the same problem :)

Archived