Corsair Community

CM2X-8500C5D And P5K3 Premium/WiFi-AP not working as they should be

Mussum

Hey guys!

Ive bought this kit in june in order to benefit from the 1066MHZ speed this motherboard promised. It said on the box that it supports fsb 1066 natively. However it didnt say that it would need an overclock to that, and only with manual settings it would be possible to run at such speed.

So I ditched the 2x1gb 667MHZ modules i was using for a year without any problems in favour of this new ram.

2 weeks later the machine wouldnt boot, it just made 3 beeps. So I had to put the old ram in to boot, change the speed to 1066 and boot again. However it would keep happening every now and then, so I flashed the bios to the most recent version 0810 (2009/05/26). It just didnt help at all, so i just forgot about the dream of using my computers full capabilities and set it to manual, where it sets the speed at 800mhz.

One month went by without any hassle, I even sold the old modules, thinking it wouldnt happen again. But it did, and now its like i am using overclock, cos almost everytime i turn the computer on i have to reset the bios to get it to worl at 800mhz!

Can anyone help?

Oh, and i ran the memtest and the modules are perfect. Is there a way to spot a faulty MB?

Thanks in advance

Try one stick at a time at rated speeds (in multiple slots). Should be able to tell you if it's a bad slot.

In that case i wouldnt be able to test if dual channel works, is that the idea?

I´ve seen a lot of messagens abou the p35 chipset, and im not sure if it is compatible with these memories at all.

The funny thing is that when i set to 1066mhz the computer powers on for 1 sec, then powers down for 3 secs and then on again, can anyone tell if this is an issue? when it is set to 800mhz this doesnt happen:bigeyes:

You have not listed any specific BIOS settings you have made. Please list all settings you have made for CPU, RAM, and voltages. Also, your kit of memory requires 2.1v or 2.2v to run at its rated speed. This voltage is printed on the side of the module.

Hi there, heres the CFG

Field Value

Memory Module Properties

Module Name Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D

Serial Number 00515958h (1482248448)

Module Size 1 GB (1 rank, 8 banks)

Module Type Unbuffered DIMM

Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM

Memory Speed DDR2-800 (400 MHz)

Module Width 64 bit

Module Voltage SSTL 1.8

Error Detection Method None

Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings

@ 400 MHz 5-5-5-18 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 23-51-3-6-3-3 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

@ 270 MHz 4-4-4-13 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 16-35-3-5-3-3 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

Enhanced Performance Profile

Profile Name High Frequency

Optimal Performance Profile Yes

Memory Speed DDR2-1066 (533 MHz)

Voltage 2.1 V

Memory Timings 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Row Cycle Time (tRC) 22T

Command Rate (CR) 2T

Write Recovery Time (tWR) 8T

Memory Module Features

Analysis Probe Not Present

FET Switch External Disabled

Weak Driver Supported

Memory Module Manufacturer

Company Name Corsair Memory, Inc.

Product Information http://www.corsairmemory.com/products/xms_home.aspx

I still have problems booting. If i shutdown windows by pressing the power button (instead of start->shutdown) then the system wont boot back again, i have to change the slots where im using the modules to get it working again.

The only problem is booting. After it happens, it works wonders for days without errors

Archived