Corsair Community

Asus M2A-MX and TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Tleilaxu

Hello,

A friend has a pack of Twin2X2048-6400C4 and is getting errors with his ASUS M2A-MX motherboard. Have tried them in my computer (P5N-E SLI) and they are completely stable. (At 4-4-4-12, etc, as well). The RAM is running on the JEDEC profile of 5-5-5-18 currently - have tried upping the voltage from 1.8, stepping up to 2.1 and the errors do not go away.

The RAM settings guide gave a recommendation of 5-5-5-15, at 1.8v for a similar motherboard. No mention of Northbridge voltages, though.

What timings/etc do you recommend?

Many thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hello,

Thanks, but pasted answers are useless. I already stated i've put the voltage up to 2.1, and I also said i've tested them in another system and they were fine. Obviously memtest was used to find the errors in the first place. Legacy was turned off.

Each module has been tested on its own and was fine. Have stated they are currently running on the (more relaxed) JEDEC profile of 5-5-5-18 at 333 (666). Hoped running it at a lower clock would help...seems not?

So, what else do you recommend? The motherboard doesn't appear to let you set the northbridge voltage... He's been using the ram for a few days now and it seems fine (no crashes or anything), but it would be nice to get rid of the error.

Archived