Corsair Community

Windows 7 and x64

spandauguard

My Win7 ultimate 64bit also does not recognize my P128 as SSD. WEI HD score was 5.9, but after i manually disable defrag, indexing, etc the score now is 7.2. I think disable indexing is the most important factor to increase the score.

Just pointing out that W7 does not disable defrag all together. It just excludes the SSD drive. Have another look if you haven't manually disabled it already.

Super and Pre-fetch I am not sure about. I manually disabled it but noticed nil performance gain.

• Corsair Employees
You can run Disk De-frag on an SSD; it is that you do not want these utilities to run in the back ground. That will cause the self healing to not work and fill the unused part of the drive is fragments slowing the drives performance.

WEI's got nothing to do with recognizing SSDs. From the afforementioned sticky / MSDN blog:

What Windows Experience Index changes were made to address SSD performance characteristics?

In Windows 7, there are new random read, random write and flush assessments. Better SSDs can score above 6.5 all the way to 7.9. To be included in that range, an SSD has to have outstanding random read rates and be resilient to flush and random write workloads.

In the Beta timeframe of Windows 7, there was a capping of scores at 1.9, 2.9 or the like if a disk (SSD or HDD) didn’t perform adequately when confronted with our random write and flush assessments. Feedback on this was pretty consistent, with most feeling the level of capping to be excessive. As a result, we now simply restrict SSDs with performance issues from joining the newly added 6.0+ and 7.0+ ranges. SSDs that are not solid performers across all assessments effectively get scored in a manner similar to what they would have been in Windows Vista, gaining no Win7 boost for great random read performance.

Archived