Corsair Community

X128 Help

OK, Here is the newest problem, check my system specs for hardware details.

If I leave my computer on. say overnight, I wake up and find that the computer has rebooted itself and asking to please insert boot media and press any key. I thought it was a Windows 7 thing for the first couple days, but today I noticed that the SATA controller had failed to initialize my Corsair X128s but did fine initializing the 2 HDD in RAID 0 that I have. Only fix was to turn all power off (unplug from wall) and then reboot. I believe the problem to be with the SSDs but maybe someone else knows.

BTW, I have a BS from Purdue University in Computer Engineering, my guess is that the firmware in the SSDs was causing the SSDs to operate erratically and until I removed the power, the volatile memory could not reset and restart the SDD's "OS" routine AKA firmware in the microcontroller. I also agree that the issue may have been caused by Win7's ACPI protocols not being tested thoroughly enough on SSDs and newer chipsets, but it's probably the hardware manufacturers responsibility to make their devices compatible with the OS (at least Windows, Linux (debateable since Linux users know the risk) and Mac). Nonetheless, if anyone has an answer please help me out.

Well, I just had it happen again and I reviewed the event viewer (should've probably done that before....

It seems the file saskutil.sys is causing a crash (SUPERAntiSpyware). There is no remedy but to uninstall the utility. After the crash I got the same issue as posted above.... Makes me think more that Microsoft needs to get Corsair some info as to what emergency shutdown routines they run with Windows 7 when there is a BSOD. Whatever it is it causes the SSDs and even possibly the SATA controller to not know what to do with the SSDs.

BTW... the issue started when I installed SUPERAntiSpysweeper so there is a connection, but again the issue is now why on a BSOD do you get drives that cannot initiate??? My guess again is that a routine needs to be added to the SSD's controller to handle BSODs from Win7...hint hint Corsair needs to work with Indilinx on this one.

I am using a JMicron controller on a ICH10 chipset (standard for Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard).

Yet again, this time while browsing IE and other forums looking for a sign that maybe I'm missing something.

My event viewer this time has nothing useful just iexplore did not respond, nothing about the BSOD. Maybe I have a bad drive...one of two X128s is missing initialization, I have the drive pinpointed now I will swap SATA ports to see if it does the trick. Will keep this post updated.

Archived