Corsair Community

P64 Series - AHCI off suggested by vendor??!

stonegate

Hi,

i have a deffective (imho) SSD here. Its not being recognized by the controller anymore. It worked well on windows 7 for 1 Day and suddenly disappeared (died).

My vendor tells me i have to turn OFF AHCI. Its even suggested on their billing receipt.

Can anyone please tell me if thats reasonable ? Imho it sounds like total BS. Why shouldnt SSDs support AHCI - and is it even possible that an SSD can become defective just from AHCI Mode on ? Why does the vendor tell me to turn off ahci?

Any ideas? From what i´ve read here other users drives stopped working as well even in IDE Mode. So it cant be AHCI Mode OFF if you ask me.

Looking forward to your replies.

Stoney

Hi,

i have a deffective (imho) SSD here. Its not being recognized by the controller anymore. It worked well on windows 7 for 1 Day and suddenly disappeared (died).

My vendor tells me i have to turn OFF AHCI. Its even suggested on their billing receipt.

Can anyone please tell me if thats reasonable ? Imho it sounds like total BS. Why shouldnt SSDs support AHCI - and is it even possible that an SSD can become defective just from AHCI Mode on ? Why does the vendor tell me to turn off ahci?

Any ideas? From what i´ve read here other users drives stopped working as well even in IDE Mode. So it cant be AHCI Mode OFF if you ask me.

Looking forward to your replies.

Stoney

I believe it has something to do with either the controller(indillinx)or the chips (samsung). You should change it back to IDE. SSDs benefit more on AHCI but there has been a lot of problems with them except the Intel ones.

• Corsair Employees
There is no problems with any of or SSD's and AHCI, if the MB or system manufacturer is suggesting to turn that off it is most likely a driver issue with the chipset that is used and I would suggest asking them this question.

Archived