Corsair Community

2g stick for Toshiba NB205-N210

UWS_Joe

Is there any reason not to expect a Corsair DDR2 SO-DIMM 667 to work in this Toshiba netbook?

I've searched here, and elsewhere, and can't find any matches or any discussions of issues.

If anyone's upgraded with this, I'd appreciate knowing, as I'd like to order ASAP to be here when I get the netbook itself.

Thanks very much!!

Joe

Kinda slow forum I guess... and it seems a post has to be read about 300 times before there's a reply.

I might have thought Corsair's "Ram Guy" would have some thoughts on this.

It's very frustrating. Toshiba's web site shows three sticks for sale, two are 667, one is 533. But their tech support people are clueless about this question (I made four calls, then gave up).

...oh well...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry your first post was over looked

Please look up your system on our memory configurator. And use only the memory that was listed for your system if it is not listed then I am sorry but we would not have any information on your system and I would suggest using the memory that was suggested by the system manufacturer.

Say Ram Guy...

Thanks for quickly responding.

However... I did check your "memory configurator" a few days ago, and couldn't find that Toshiba netbook (though there seemed to be thousands of long-since outdated regular notebooks listed). Surprising in that this Toshiba netbook is one of the hot sellers today.

But also, just for discussion, I could not find the Asus 1005HA netbook listed either, which is apparently the top seller.

I would hazard a guess that Corsair is overlooking a major segment of the market, seeing that people are snapping up these netbooks in droves now... and that most of the inexpensive models ship with only 1g of RAM even though they all support 2g in their one slot.

Most people that have swapped out the 1g for the 2g report much improved performance.

So if I were Corsair's marketing boss, I'd be saying: Let's get a major effort underway to sell 2g sticks for these netbooks.

Now, as far as getting help from Toshiba, as my earlier post today implies, that's hopeless. They suggest (on their web site) that either 533 or 667 speeds will work. Their support people (all young folks in Manilla) don't even understand a question about upgrading memory.

What I had hoped was that I'd simply pose the question here, and that somebody would happen by and say, "Yeah, I used that 667 Corsair stick and it worked fine".. or "it doesn't work at all!

So maybe I'll just take a chance on it.

BTW, I have 4g of Corsair memory for a mobo which I never bought, but maybe I will finally do that in a few months, so maybe there will be something later on I can rant about.

Have a good day....

Joe

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but I am not the person to Rant that to, however I will pass it along.

In Addition, OEM systems are added by a third party company and sometimes I agree they may have over looked a specific model but in most cases there is a reason why it was not added.

If you want to use any memory on your system OEM systems are not verry public with their specification information and in some cases it is just a guess. I would suggest running CPU-Z and post the screen shots from the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD Tab and I can make a better guess of what to suggest.

Archived