Corsair Community

X128 Drive Installation

Ramsded

Have just bought a X128 drive ready to install Windows 7. No installation instructions came with the drive and having read a number of articles, I am unsure of how this should be done to ensure the drive is setup correctly operates to it's optimum. Guidence appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Windows 7 will do the format properly so there is no need to do anything special just use the Quick format option and you should be set when you install the O.S. If you are going to image the drive from another HDD I would connect the drive as a second HDD and Quick format with 32K Allocation size and then use Acronics to image it over.

Put drive on Sata port 1; put CD on last Sata port and any other drives on ports 5,4,3,2 etc working backwards.

Power up computer put install disc into CD drive and just go through the install process.

After install goto Control Panel and select System - Administrative Tools - Services; make sure that Defrag, Superfetch and Windows Search are either set to Manual or Disabled. That should do for now - I'm just waiting for my Retail version of Win7 to arrive and I'll be posting a comprehensive list of tweaks with images ASAP.

Windows 7 automatically aligns your drive and does all the necessary partitioning and formatting ... just enjoy the ride. Should take about 15/20 mins to install :-)

Archived