Corsair Community

Complete timing details for TWIN2X4096-6400C5

sixseven

Hi there,

I am experiencing significant flickering during blu-ray playback when I have both memory modules installed in my motherboard. If I pull one of the memory modules (per Asus' recomendation), blu-ray playback is silky smooth. Decreasing my system memory by half is not an acceptable solution. Both memory modules test clean with memtest.

I contacted Asus about this, and they want me to manually set the memory timing in the BIOS, which I have done for CAS, TRCD, TRP, & TRAS. I found these settings on your website at the following link. I have also set the memory voltage to 1.9V. (FWIW, the sticker on my memory reads 1.8V)

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X4096-6400C5.pdf

In my BIOS, there are numerous other memory timing settings which are not shown on your product literature. Can you provide me with the correct settings for the following. I have included the configuration options from my BIOS if that's helpful... :)

CAS# Latency

Configuration options: [Auto] [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLK] [6 CLK] [7 CLK DH_Only]

TRCD

Configuration options: [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLKI [6 CLK] [Auto]

TRP

Configuration options: [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLK] [6 CLK] [Auto]

tRTP

Configuration options: [Auto] [2-4 CLK] [3-5 CLK]

TRAS

Configuration options: [5 CLK] [6 CLK] [7CLK] [8 CLK][9 CLK] [10 CLK] [11 CLK] [12 CLK] [13 CLK] [14 CLK] [15 CLK] [16 CLK] [17 CLK] [18 CLK] [Auto]

TRC

Configuration options: [11 CLK] [12 CLK] [13 CLK] [14 CLK] [15 CLK] [16 CLK] [17 CLK] [18 CLK] [19 CLK] [20 CLK] [21 CLK] [22CLK] [23 CLK] [24 CLK] [25 CLK] [26 CLK] [Auto]

tWR

Configuration options: [Auto] [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLKI [6 CLK]

TRRD

Configuration options: [2 CLK] [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLK] [Auto]

tRWTTO

Configuration options: [Auto] [2 CLK] [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLK] [6 CLKI [7 CLKI [8 CLK] [9 CLK]

tWRRD

Configuration options: [Auto] [0 CLK] [1 CLK] [2 CLK] [3 CLK]

tWTR

Configuration options: [1 CLK] [2 CLK] [3 CLK] [Auto]

tWRWR

Configuration options: [Auto] [1 CLK] [2 CLK] [3 CLK]

tRDRD

Configuration options: [Auto] [2 CLK] [3 CLK] [4 CLK] [5 CLK]

tRFC0/1/2/3

Configuration options: [Auto] [75ns] [105ns] [127.5ns] [195nsJ [327.5ns]

Thanks! I appreciate your help with this...

Auto for everything else.

Hi Wired,

Thanks for the reply. I have set all the other settings to Auto and blu-ray playback is still choppy with two sticks installed. I'm not sure why Asus would include manual settings for them if they do not have a purpose. I do appreciate your response. Can you explain (in simple terms) why these settings do not matter? :o:

My theory is that there is a bug in the BIOS, or I have discovered a physical limitation of the board. Ideally, I would like to go back to Asus with a complete answer on the memory's timings, that way they can't use the memory as an excuse for the board not performing to it's published spec. If the additional settings are available/known, I would very much like to have them...

Thanks,

sixseven

Over the weekend, I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Asus. The tech (who seemed good to me) was of the opinion that the memory controller in the CPU is faulty. He recommended warranty replacement. I RMA'ed it today. We will see what happens when I get a replacement.

Thanks for the link to the BIOS guide.

Archived