Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme and TR3X6G1600C8D

Junon

I've been having a difficult time getting three sticks of TR3X6G1600C8D to run at the rated speed on an Asus Rampage II Extreme. The RAM is stable if I use the settings described in this topic (BCLK: 133, DRAM Frequency: 1600MHz, UCLK Frequency: 3200 MHz, Everything Else: Auto). Unfortunately, the Auto settings push the DRAM Bus voltage up to 1.8 V. This is much higher than what I'm comfortable running on a long-term basis. If I manually set the voltage to 1.65 V, the system will consistently fail the Prime 95 Blend Test after one hour. The blend test also fails at the same place if I use the XMP settings.

I've already spent several days testing the RAM with memtest86+. I started by testing each stick individually with a 10 hour run. After that, I tested them in dual and triple configurations. Memtest86+ reported no errors. Also, I stress tested the CPU with CPU Stability Tester and small Prime 95 FFT tests. I observed no problems there.

Swapping components is not a viable testing strategy for me at the present time. I don't know of anyone else in my area that has a 1366 socket system.

I currently have the RAM running at 1333 MHz, DRAM Bus voltage: 1.65 V, QPI/DRAM Core voltage: 1.35 V at 8-8-8-24. Given the price I paid for the RAM, this is unsatisfactory.

Besides RMAing the RAM, does anyone have any suggestions? I have the latest Asus BIOS update installed.

Archived