Corsair Community

Mixing different speed ram.

hmklee13

My CPU is Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHZ (E6750) on ASUSTek P5K SE with Asus EN8400GS. I want to upgrade my RAM. Now there's 2x VS1GB667D2 (Corsair 1GB DDR 2 667) on my board make total 2GB and want to upgrade my RAM to 4GB. I couldn't find either 1GB or 2GB 667 RAM here, and there is 2GB 800 RAM (Corsair). I want to know is can I mix up both my old two 1GB 667s and 2GB 800 together.

Thank you...

Hi Synthohol,

I play some high detail games with my PC such as Flight Simulator X, The Sims 3, Gran Theft Auto IV, etc... So do I still need 4GB RAM for my PC? At now sometime during the game, it runs out of memory and close the game automatically. Any suggestions?

you could increase your pagefile size and set a higher amount of ram reserved in the bios (depending on the board)

when that happens to me i went to blackviper.com for info and created a hardware profile and a list of services i didnt need for gaming and boot into that. that will let windows load with more available ram.

given that you are a gamer though you would benefit from 4 gig of DDR800. (even if windows will only use 3 1/2 of it.)

your video card only has a quarter gig of ram so honestly that would be my first upgrade before RAM. /.02

ever since i went with a GT8800 i havent had ANY issues with games, bigtime eye candy!

btw, my 3 gamer pcs only have 2 gig in each but they are all overclocked so that helps a bit.

Archived