Corsair Community

Asus Maximus III and 2 kits of CMG4GX3M2A1600C7

CLiNTPELiX

----------------------------------------

What I've done:

Not using XMP coz informations make me a bit nervous (XMP: 8-7-7-20 @1.65V CR:2N ICM@1.15V PCH: 1.15V)

Manual settings: 7-7-7-20 @1.50V CR:2N ICM:Default (Everest says 1.51V bit I can lowered it to 1.05) PCH: 1.05V

tested that 8 hours without error.

Rendez-vous in a week for a complete report

----------------------------------------

Hi!

(2*4 GB were not available to buy)

Just bought those memories for 7-7-7-20 timings at 1600 MHz. When I use XMP profile, I can see 8-7-7-20 at 1.65V on bios so CL8?

Correct me if i'm wrong...

When I use Everest under Windows, I can see that I'm always at 9-9-9-24 even If I play with bios settings. May I wait for Asus bios release to get it lower?

Sincerely.

Thanx for the answer.

Bios and everest said 9-9-9-24. I've tested each ram and the results were the same.

So, I've managed to reset the bios removing the little battery on my board and this problem disappeared (I've had to change rams position to get stability Vista performance test ...)

Now I can run at XMP timings/voltage with 4*2 GB ram. :sunglasse

My other question is about Xmp timings: I've bought 7-7-7-20 and xmp returns for each ram 8-7-7-20. Corsair site and my seller shows 7-7-7-20 at 1.65V timings (each module is a 2.2 version).

Can you light me?

Wow not easy to config...

I've just tested the kits after hours with those config:

7-7-7-20 1.5V 1N (think 2N is better for 4 ram...have to test in time)

IMC and PCH default.

The config is pretty stable... Does default voltage@1.65V could makes instabilities?

I'm very disapointed by differences on XMC info, Corsair Website infos, seller's infos, and writings on memory module ...

After many hours of testing, those settings are stable in windows. But, every time I completely shutdown my MB and restart, I can notice memtest86+ errors even If I use XMP profile settings or 9-9-9-24 timings and default voltages.

This issue occurs even If I use 1 of those 2 kits...

When this happens, I must completely power down my MB to achieve a perfect no error in memtest86+.

For the moment, I look for a bios update or a PSU problem (I have noticed no bad voltage for the moment).

Thank you for the help!

That might be several things causing that but I would suspect it may be the voltage droop on cold boot, have you spoke to the MB Maker about that?

Because of your advice, I've just read my MB book.

Page 3-14 section 3.3.18 CPU Load Line Calibration[AUTO]

3 choices:

[AUTO] BIOS automatically adjust the voltage (default option)

[DISABLED] Follows Intel specifications

[ENABLED] Improve CPU VDroop directly

For the moment, disabling this option makes my system booting ok for 10 times.

You rock my day, man! Thank you Ram Guy! Cheers! :cool:

wow... I must send all those two kits? I'm not a "nolife" man but I can't live without my pc...

What is the average RMA time exchange for France?

Another solution is possible? (eg. receive new kits and after I send you mine)

Thanks Ramguy for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived