Corsair Community

X128 Firmware?

There is a thread that says that there will be a SSD download section soon in the forums, where is it? I love the performance of the drives, but hate knowing that it is degrading daily due to lack of garbage collection routine support.

Why is it that the competition can get firmware for the Indilinx based SSDs and Corsair has not? With over $700 invested in SSDs and Windows7 official release basically here, you would think that it would be available. If I were Corsair I wouldn't let the competition get a one up on the true PERFORMANCE enthusiasts that this product is tailored to.:confused:

Unfortunately the competition haven't got one up on Corsair. The firmware and tools they've been releasing have caused numerous problems for people - from wiping data, corrupting data, completely wiping drives and quite often turning them into bricks.

Many have recalled the tools and firmware, many are having to replace drives. It's not a race to see who can get there first, rather it is one where the winner is the one who gets there in one piece without having to pick up a Bandaid.

Better to wait and get it right first time than patching up along the way. I say good one Corsair for taking the time to look at the bigger picture rather than jumping in feet first. Patience is a virtue and often one that rewards well :-)

The reason I chose Corsair over the others is because I trust inevitably they will have the superior product with superior support. When I got the drives I expected a faster turnaround by the engineers at Corsair to solve the current issue, definitely BEFORE the retail release of Windows 7. Fortunately, I have Acronis and know how to quickly resolve these annoying issues.

• Corsair Employees

We are working on the issues users have reported but there is no news yet and most are not having a problem. if we go by the return Rates still about 2% by the way.

But I do think there are some configurations that are more prone to problems and with any new technology there are bound to be issues that come up. And most who understand the limitations of SSD are able to work around that and enjoy faster boot times and snappy performance.

We are working on the issues users have reported but there is no news yet and most are not having a problem. if we go by the return Rates still about 2% by the way.

But I do think there are some configurations that are more prone to problems and with any new technology there are bound to be issues that come up. And most who understand the limitations of SSD are able to work around that and enjoy faster boot times and snappy performance.

I'm running stable, but I fear the freezes and other issues others are having. again Acronis is my friend :laughing:

• Corsair Employees

I do understand and I would feel the same way as you trust me.

And I think most of the engineers are fear full of me when they see me coming!

I am pushing quite hard to get some answers so let's give it some time please.

Archived