Corsair Community

Piece inside an HX750W

Dezeer

I just bought a new computer and with it an HX750 power supply. During the instillation of components it came the time to install the power supply, I picked it up and started to install it into the case, but I noticed this sound when I moved it.

At first I thought that it would have been the fan just taking a hit into the grill. So I flipped the power supply and the sound came again so I shook it and I were sure that there would be a lose piece. I tried to get the piece to show up, I managed to get the piece between the fan and the plastic.I took off the fan and grabbed the piece.

The piece is black and made of metal and it doesn't seem to be any part of component, it seems to also been broken. The piece is an L shape is the widest part is 4cm and narrowest part 2cm it is 1,5cm high and 1cm deep. It also doesn't seem to be any electronic piece.

So can I safely turn on the power supply?

In the image the lines represents a groove.

piece.png.a0ebbeda63236fb9e74d99e8ead1b9a8.png

• Corsair Employees
Although its unlikely that the PSU would have been functionally damaged, I think it would be the best idea to get the unit replaced, just to be on the safe side. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived