Corsair Community

£38 !!!

Trillock

I live in the UK and have had to RMA my dead HX620 to Holland returns Dept. of all places via Parcel Force.

I wish Corsair had a returns Depot here in the UK because I will seriously think twice before buying another Corsair PSU.

One of my other branded PSU's that died at least got returned to a UK address and just took a couple of days for the replacement to come back to me.

I like Corsair PSU's but I don't think I will buy another when I need one, as I will have to factor in the cost of an RMA should it go wrong, and £38 (about $62 USD) is a heck of a lot of money......this includes insurance to £100.....a new one here now is around £97/$159 USD so that should cover it.

To add insult to injury, I think I got knobbled by a speed camera car on the way back from posting it off..............doing about 35mph in a 30mph zone................happy days...:(:

Trillock, If it makes you feel better (or worse) we get 11mph before the camera trips here in AZ (I hate those cameras). I tripped one in Switzerland at 3kmph over,paid the copper right at the scene (this is strange in America).

OH yes your problem,absolutely no idea,sorry.

Thanks for the reply RAM GUY but I posted off the PSU to Holland yesterday.

I am just a bit peeved at having to pay so much in postage......especially as I have just retired......:biggrin:

Considering how many Corsair PSU's etc are sold here in the UK, I would have thought there would be a UK address to RMA stuff back to, especially as PSU's are heavy little devils.....

Mind you, I suppose the small amount of bad PSU's to be returned would not warrant a depot here.

Ah well, lesson learnt, so unfortunately I will have to find brands that have a UK RMA return address next time I need a PSU.

I'd hate to think how much it would cost for me to RMA a PSU to Corsair all the way down here in New Zealand... Luckily my retailer as thought of that and they offer the 5 year warranty themselves, so I just pay a much cheaper national shipping should one of my Corsair PSU's go bad (not yet happened).

Archived