Corsair Community

2 kits of TR3X6G1600C8D and Asus P6T v2 Setup

neo-ddr

I have 12 GB RAM (two kits of TR3x6G1600C8D) and all is installed and working well.

I wish to ensure my RAM is running at max safe rate for calculations and gaming.

What are the appropriate settings for this memory given the options below:

DRAM Bus Voltage

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage

DRAM Reference Voltage - CHA DATA, CHB DATA, CHC DATA, CHA CTRL, CHB CTRL, CHC CTRL

XMP is a BIOS option

CAS Latency = 8, RAS to CAS Delay = 8, RAS Precharge = 8, Cycle time = 20, Command rate = 2T

Is XMP dynamic?

If you have the memory set to the speed / timings / voltage that's on the label then that's all there is to it. Note that they haven't tested your 2 packs together so they can't be guaranteed to run together at those speeds / timings because of the limitations of your CPU's memory controller, but if it's stable then you're good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so I'm pretty new to this comp building thing. I have just bought parts for a new comp, including 2 sets of TR3X6G1600C8D to put in an ASUS P6T Deluxe. Being fairly newb-ish, I was under the assumption that my memory would be running at DDR3 1600. The more I'm reading my manuals and whatnot, I'm seeing that I cannot do this with 6 sticks in this board, correct? Or does XMP work with 6 modules now? I"m sorry if this has all been covered in the past, but I just shelled out a good amount for this comp and I want to make sure I'm getting everything I can out of it. How can I make all 6 sticks run at DDR3 1600?

Sorry if it was a dumb question, Wired. I agree, it seems to me if I were to set the timings to what's listed on the packaging, it should work. Again, I'm new at this and am just a bit worried when the Corsair guy keeps saying "yeah, you should probably be using it at DDR1333".

Like I said, the 2 packages haven't been tested together nor guaranteed to work together, therefore you can't assume they'll work together. This is one of the reasons they make and sell 12 GB kits. They may work together just fine @ 1600, they may have to be dropped to 1333 because you're probably mixing ICs, or they may not work together at all. It's largely up to the memory controller.

Archived