Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and Asus M4A79 Deluxe

Laxen

Hello there,

Im truly hoping that I could get some ideas how to solve my memory problems.

In march 09 i bought the system as listed in my specs. My system was running great at stock speeds and ddr1066 5-5-5-15 2t at 2.1V memory settings.

After like two months i start getting bluescreens and memory related problems, so I started doing testing with memtest. My memory modules started giving me errors. I settled with just going down to ddr800 with slightly more aggressive timings. After another month or so witout any problems the same issues arise at ddr800 and I finally RMA the sticks.

I got my 2nd badge of sticks from an successfull RMA (vendor confirmed the sticks were bad). So im a happy bunny and install my new pair of modules. After like another two months I started getting the same issues yet again... and I was silly enough to settle with the same solution by lowering speeds. Last weeks my 2nd pair of modules finally gave up all together and i successuflly RMAd again.

Im now on my third pair of modules, which I today introduced into my computer. Im dreading that I will experience the same issues again, and really hoping that anyone here can shed some light on this issue.

Was searching this forum for one of my old posts and found this thread.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79277

Seems we have same MB/Ram combo, did you guys find a solution for that person? I really dont want to give up on my system altogether but its starting to really test my patience now.

Thank you in advance!

//Laxen

Hello again,

I have now inserted my new memory modules (3rd pair) in my system. Currently running the following settings.

5-5-5-15-2T @ 2.1V, rest is set to auto.

I started off by running memtest 4.0 for 2hours without any errors. I then booted up windows and ran Prime95 blend test with 3 threads (720be) and got one of the cores to fail after 5hrs and 45minutes.

This was all on stock settings and volts except ram voltage. Not sure if this is of any useful information for you?

//Laxen

• Corsair Employees
If you keep having that problem where the modules are failing after a period of time I would start checking the MB and CPU to be sure it is not some other cause, memory does not normally fail in that manor. And I would strongly suggest testing the memory in a known working system to be sure.

Hey Ramguy, thank you for your reply.

I was running memtest for 9+ hours at ddr1066 5-5-5-15-2T @ 2.1V as specified with rest of settings on auto and that without errors.

So memory is probably fine i suppose... for now, im just dreading the inevitable. Perhaps I should be looking in the Asus forums, its just that this issue been on these forums before and I my hopes were sky high.

You dont happen to have any connections with Asus techs and point them here, perhaps they know something?

Thanks again

/Laxen

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but not really, and you have to take a few things into consideration.

1. ASUS is one of the top tier MB makers and as such just because of shear volume its common to see more than one person having problems.

2. Keep in mind what I said, when testing and if you have random or errors that only come up after a period of time that to is a indication of Thermal or Voltage issues. Please note that can any number of causes to a failing component on the MB and or a failing PSU or regulator on the MB.

So I would not put a lot in to what you see on forums but for sure take that information with a grain of salt.

I thing i have almost the same issue with the same MB...the difference is that the first mem module after Bluescreen died and the next day (Yesterday) died the second one! Now i dont have pc ...Is that normal or something ist wrong?

All the pc components are new bought in March 2009!

Archived