Corsair Community

Wondering if someone could help me out...

teddybearirl

Here is my problem.

I have bought a computer from a friend ( second hand ) and got shipped over sea to me a few weeks ago. At first was doing alright then started to basicaly have the screen freeze ( couldn't control / alt / delete or do anything ) and only thing to do was a reset. ( would happen once a day maybe)

Now this issue been going on for weeks and it's been getting worse with freeze happening up to a few times an hour ( altough totaly random and sometimes working for 5 hours without any freeze ) and it's driving me nuts.

Wondering if it could be something to do with my ram ??? ( 2 X CM3X2G1333C9DHX sticks )

Using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and basicaly windows had found out it was video hardware stuff crashing me ( solving issues option ) but I have updated the drivers then now bought even a new video card and still freezing for me.

I'd really appreciate if anyone have any clue what the problem could be cause I can't really do any gaming or anything for that matter ( even freezing with just browsing internet sometimes lol ) so atm my new comp is totaly worthless and I'm about to throw it trough the window.

I heard some MBs with nForce 790 chipset may have some issues with some ram ??? Is that any true or false ???

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.8 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived