Corsair Community

TR3X3G1600C8D to 1333 - Quick Question

wgkenney

Hi all,

I've been reading on the forum about the TR3X3G 1600C8D and decided to use it for my new build.

So this weekend I used 3g of this memory on a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 with an i7 920 processor. System boots fine all seems to work.

I wanted to overclock this system a little to get it up to 3.0ghz. So I have been using the Turbo V software to take BCLK Freq to 150. no problem there.

From the forums I know that the 1600C8D can go from 1066 to 1333 without too much trouble. It looks like if I select XMP in the bios that it should shift it up. But when I do this then go to my Turbo V and do my 150 the system immediately locks.

First, how do I read the frequency in CPU-Z? I see a 532 number do I just multiply by 2 to get the actual frequency?

Second, i'm clearly new to overclocking anthing more than simple cpu adjustments. What do I need to do different to get this to a stable 3ghz system with 1333 for mem?

I read the manual settings for bios in ram guys thread but I think these are for 1600. Just looking for a simple, safe way to do 1333. Any help would be great.

• Corsair Employees

If you are going to over clock your system you may not be able to use the XMP settings.

With XMP Enabled it will set the tested/Over clocked settings it needs to run the modules at their tested settings.

And I am sorry I cannot tell you how to over clock your system, I would suggest posting on one of the over clocking forums to more help with over clocking with beyond the tested settings.

All you would need to do is load setup defaults with the latest BIOS version loaded and then Enable XMP Profile one and exit the BIOS saving changes it will sett everything for you.

Archived