Corsair Community

Corsair X64 ssd stuttering

Snowman89

I recently built a m-itx computer and i wanted to go for a ssd drive. After looking around some i decided to go big so i could get a good drive, so i went and bought the corsair X64 ssd drive.

Now and then when im using my computer everything hangs and the music even hangs and goes into a loop, this happends for about 5-10sec and then everything is back to normal again :(: Is there a way to check what firmware i have? Is this a normal behaviour or what? I bought a expensive ssd so i would not have those problems :(:

You can see my system specs at my profile, im running win xp also.

Did you align your drive before installing XP? If not then it may be an alignment problem.

Search this forum for DISKPART and follow the instructions for cleaning, aligning and formatting the drive for Windows XP. Windows Vista and Windows 7 do this automatically, but not XP and this could be at the root of your problem.

Did you align your drive before installing XP? If not then it may be an alignment problem.

Search this forum for DISKPART and follow the instructions for cleaning, aligning and formatting the drive for Windows XP. Windows Vista and Windows 7 do this automatically, but not XP and this could be at the root of your problem.

Never heard of "aligning" before :o I will look it up though!

The disk performance seems to be ok though, around 205mb/s in read average!

How do i know what firmware i have on my disk?

edit: Ive googled and searched this forum for diskpart but havent found any real guide to it. Could someone please point me to it?

You can access DISKPART from any Vista or Windows 7 installation disk -get past the part where it asks for language and you're ready to install. At the bottom left you will see Repair My Computer - click that and select Command Prompt from the list of options - follow the isntructions below.

If you haven't got a Vista or Win 7 disk download diskpart from MS below and follow instructions.

DOWNLOAD DISKPART FROM MICROSOFT

I would suggest you connect your SSD to your system as a secondary drive for this process: i.e. your windows OS already running on a HDD and your SSD is seen as a second drive.

Once you have downloaded Diskpart.exe - open a command prompt window and run Diskpart.exe from the location you saved it in.

Now run these commands one at a time:

LIST DISK

Look at the number next to the disk that represents your SSD

Type:

SELECT DISK X (X=the number next to your SSD)

This will make this the active disk that Diskpart will work on

Type:

CLEAN

This deletes all partitions and data on the disk

Type:

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY ALIGN=64

Now Type:

ACTIVE

Now Type:

FORMAT FS=NTFS QUICK

Now Type:

EXIT

You can close the command prompt window and your SSD is now aligned and ready to receive Windows XP.

Hopefully this will give you top notch performance and get rid of your stuttering - if not, then something else within your system may need tweaking, but try this first.

Archived