Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and TR3X6G1600C8D @ 1600 MHz

corsaris

I have an ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 mobo, Intel Core I7-920 with (6GB)

3 x 2GB TR3X6G1600C8D RAM placed in the orange slots.

• When I use AUTO settings in the BIOS for RAM, all 6GB are detected running @ 1066 MHZ. :biggrin:

• When I use XMP, then only 4GB from 6GB are detected in BIOS and Win XP x64, but CPUZ (Memory TAB) detects 6GB. :mad:

• When I use XMP settings and change RAM frequency manually to 1333 MHz, all 6GB are detected. :biggrin:

• When I use XMP settings and change RAM frequency manually to 139x MHz or less, all 6GB are detected. :biggrin:

• When I use XMP settings and change RAM frequency to 140x MHz or more, only 4GB from 6GB are detected in BIOS and Win XP x64, but CPUZ (Memory TAB) detects 6GB. :mad:

When not all RAM is detected, the middle orange RAM slot is the one not counted.

I know that Intel I7 920 supports RAM frequency up to 1066MHz, but since RAM can perform better, I would like to take the system to the 1600MHz limit.

However, I cannot make BIOS and Win XP x64 to detect full 6GB of mem when RAM freq is >= 1400 MHz.

What can I do to make BIOS detect full 6GB @ 1600MHz?

• Corsair Employees
I would test all of the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing and if they all work properly one up that would suggest it may be the MB or CPU but I would check for bent pins in the CPU socket if the modules all work one up.

I would test all of the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing and if they all work properly one up that would suggest it may be the MB or CPU but I would check for bent pins in the CPU socket if the modules all work one up.

a) Should I check each DIMM using AUTO settings or XMP settings?

b) In which DIMM socket should I test DIMMs? Orange? Black? All?

I'm pretty sure DIMM sockets are ok, but I never checked CPU socket.

Archived