Corsair Community

NF3 250 + XMS 4400 Issue

simonmaltby

Hi all - new here so welcome.. I have been beta testing the new NF3 250 chipset for the last few months with both Nvidia and Gigabyte. My original testing, using the imminent GA-K8NS motherboard and a pair of XMS 4400 sticks of ram ran flawlessly. The memory was picked up in the bios properly and overclocked to the 250Mhz FSB board max without issue. Gigabyte made several changes to thier bios, including better memory timing adjustment. I now have an issue with the XMS4400 :( Booting with 1 stick in slot 1 - works perfectly As soon as I add a second stick to either slot 2 or slot 3 the SPD settings are picked up all wrong... Changing manually causes boot faliure and reverts back to auto - this selects CAS3,3,3,6 and with a CPU/12 divider (i.e. Ram at 166Mhz to CPU at 200Mhz). It is my guess that some of the many settings available in the bios are causing problems. Can someone advise me the correct timings for ALL of the options in this list.. [URL=http://www.reviewscene.com/share/k8nsmembios.jpg]Bios Screen Shot here[/URL] Many thanks

• Corsair Employees
All I can tell you would be to try setting the timings manually to the following settings: SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank However, I have not tested this model as of yet and have not seen any AMD 64 based system much over 210 Mhz to 220 Mhz and be stable. In addition, I would set the Dim Over Voltage control to +.2 Volts as well.

Thanks RAM Guy, but I know all those settings... For Info - Gigabyte have given me an ES bios which lets me go to 2.8V. It also lets me set the manual Ram settings properly... The old bios was ignoring most of the manual settings at CAS 3. Working ok again now - well i'm at 237 FSB stable... Just need to find the magic settings for some of the more obscure options and I should be back to 250Mhz For info... I managed to run the XMS4400 at CAS2, 2,2,6 upto 220FSB But performance is quicker at Cas3 and the higher FSB

Archived