Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G Problem

ToDi

Hello, as many other post I have huge troubles with my TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G memory.

I've runned 4GB memory for like 10months without any troubles. Then one day I decided to buy another 4GB more of same memory. When I got em and tryed to install them in my computer they dident wanna work. Couldent even boot BIOS.

So what I have troubles with is my 4 modules of memory 2x2x2x2GB = 8GB. 4GB works fine.

This is what I have tryed with no success.

1. Tryed putting memory to 1066Mhz and 5-5-5-15-2T settings in BIOS.

2. Tryed 800Mhz 5-5-5-18-2T

3. Raised DDR volt to 2.1V and tryed 2.2V also.

4. Raised Volt on northbridge to 1.45V

5. Enabled Dram Ganged Mode

6. Updated to latest BIOS

7. Ive runned all memory modules with Memtest and all passed without errors.

8. Running comp with new 4GB memory modules atm with no errors.

So after all this info what can I do to make it work? My system is shown in my profile.

Please help me! =)

What's the version # of each pair?

Old modules version 1.1

New modules version 1.2

I guess this is probably why....... When I orded em I even went into order history and ordered exact same memory but I guess they werent exact... Version isent shown at dealers specs.

May version cause the issue? :eek:

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 months later...

Tryed what u said with no success.

Now I bought a new motherboard called ASUS M4A79 Deluxe. (updated system spec).

Tryed to run with 8gb memory again without success. 4GB works fine.

I've tryed to run the memorys in 2.1V, 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15 2T and 2.1V 800Mhz 5-5-5-15 2T.

Without any success. Got some more tips?

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Yes. Current AMD boards typically will not run 4 up modules at 1066.

So I guess its no point for me to use 8GB memory? Since I cant get them to work. Kinda wierd when motherboard is supposed to support 16GB memory and it cant even accept 8GB... what should I do? Buy another 8GB of memory that works better then these?

Is it normal that these dominator memory has troubles running with 8GB?

Some tips please. I want 8GB. If I need to buy new ones then I will buy new memorys if its some flaud on these or to fast for motherboards to handle. I dont know. Im kinda frustrated atm. :[pouts:

First, it's not the memory, it's the memory controller limitation. The brand of memory has no bearing here.

Also, it's not the amount of memory, it is the number of modules. 8GB has nothing to do with it, it's the 4 modules fully loading the memory controller.

If you need 8GB of memory, 8GB at 667 or 800 is much better than 4GB at 1066.

Have you tried the settings RAM GUY posted or not?

Archived