Corsair Community

X128 dead

Tixy

After 6 days of use my X128 has died. My Debian system suddenly showed 'file system is read only' then after a reboot BIOS reported 'internal drive error'. It was also not recognised when booting an Ubuntu live CD. After putting back in my original hard disk my computer was fine, so it's definitely a problem with the X128.

It seems from these forums that this is a common problem with the Corsairs SSDs, so I'm getting a refund and going back to trusted and proven technology.

I bought the drive through a retailer and they have already refunded my purchase cost and postage. Very efficient RMA process with 28 hours from discovering dead drive, through posting it back and getting refund credited :-)

After 6 days of use my X128 has died. My Debian system suddenly showed 'file system is read only' then after a reboot BIOS reported 'internal drive error'. It was also not recognised when booting an Ubuntu live CD. After putting back in my original hard disk my computer was fine, so it's definitely a problem with the X128.

It seems from these forums that this is a common problem with the Corsairs SSDs, so I'm getting a refund and going back to trusted and proven technology.

I feel your pain. Damn I wonder whats causing this to occur as this happened to my X 64 as well within hours - it just vanished and no listing in the BIOS. Put my WD 320 Scorpio Black in my laptop no issues. Drive was completely dead. It sounds to me the controller is failing which would prevent the BIOS from detecting the drive. I returned the drive, got a refund and paid the difference for the X-128 - no issues yet.

• Corsair Employees

NP I do understand and Kudo's to the reseller, who was that by the way I want give credit where it is due?

And I would suggest using our Performance series drive I think you will as happy with the performance and not have nay issues like you had reported.

NP I do understand and Kudo's to the reseller, who was that by the way I want give credit where it is due?

And I would suggest using our Performance series drive I think you will as happy with the performance and not have nay issues like you had reported.

I bought my SSD online from http://www.auspcmarket.com.au, based in Sydney Australia. Im in Queensland, Australia. I returned the dead X64 and they were shocked as it was pysically dead full stop. Paid the difference for the X128 and not an issue yet.

Archived