Corsair Community

DFI Lanparty UT X48-T2R and 2 kits of TWIN2X4096-6400C5

sanzaborn33

Hello!

I've recently installed 2 kits of the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 into my system for a total of 8GB. I decided to double check the stability of the memory in the system before I installed Win 7 x64.

After only setting the main memory timings in the BIOS to 5-5-5-18-2T, I noticed that Memtest v4.00 was giving some errors in tests 4 and 6. So, I upped the memory voltage to about 1.9V and bumped the northbridge power slightly.

I'm still getting errors under test 6. Any thoughts on how my particular memory should be set in the BIOS for stability? Also, my system (including CPU, memory, GPU,etc) is running at stock speeds.

Thanks for any help!

Update: I've boosted memory voltage to 2.0V and upped the stock NB voltage +.2V. Retesting Memtest currently...

Update2: After running overnight, Memtest posted 1 error in test 6 with the mem voltage to 2.0 and NB voltage increase. Thoughts on what to change next? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived